Skype Journal Test

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wishlist: sharable emoticon sets

I just told the plot of Brokeback Mountain using Skype emoticons. Some undocumented instances were included.

Clearly we need larger, more varied, more topic-specific visual vocabularies. James Bridle is a visual guy and I'm sure he could have come up with emoticons specific to cowboy romance cinema. The better to share stories with friends.

For me, I sooo want a bunch of Jewish emoticons, like: 

    (borscht)
    (bagel)
    (matzoh)
    (2candles)
    (feh)
    (oy)
    (minyan)
    (lox)
    (kvel)
    (tzitzit)
    (dancingchasid)
    (chelm)
    (kosher)
    (treif)
    (bris)
    (guilt)
    (crushingglass)
    (daven)
    (dreydl)
    (megillah)
    (lchaim)
    (shofar)

These have meaning for me, are part of my social vocabulary. Glad to provide translations if anyone cares.

But this list is specific to me and my tribe.

It would be enormous fun to have additional emoticon sets to freely, easily and safely share and trade. If you don't have a set, you see the text. If you do, you see the art. Inherently viral, social, meaningful.

And fun.

tags: , ,

Follow Phil Wolff on Twitter or FriendFeed or on Skype.
Follow Skype Journal on twitter

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home