Skype Journal Test

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Alexander Hager: What Skype means to me

On the occasion of Skype's fifth birthday, Skype Journal will publish a series on "What Skype Means To Me." You are invited to email your essay or short thoughts to editor@SkypeJournal.com.

Alex Hager is a law student, couch surfer, and amateur photographer in Vienna, Austria.

Skype helps me to stay in touch with friends and family, no matter where I am, whether I travel or stay at home. Besides enabling me to hear and see loved ones, I use it to practice different language skills.

I still am euphoric about the fact that I can reach my contacts from everywhere, using some Internet café and my thumbdrive or my own laptop, and all of this (nearly) for free. In my eyes, Skype is best when it comes to online community, friendships and family.

Happy birthday, Skype! Go on like this!!

tags: , , , , , ,

Follow Phil Wolff on Twitter or FriendFeed or on Skype.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home